Are you looking for ways to keep your students organized during distance learning? If so, keep reading.
- Give sufficient transition time between learning activities for the learner to organize their learning materials.
- Teach the learner time management skills. Get the learner to make a daily plan and follow it. Urge the learner to avoid becoming distracted by activities, impulses, and moods.
- Give the learner oral reminders of appropriate learning materials required for each learning experience.
- Teach the learner to prioritize tasks according to importance, length, etc.
- Praise the learner for having appropriate learning materials for specific learning activities : (a) give the learner a tangible reward (e.g., privileges such as leading the line, handing out learning materials, 10 minutes of free time, etc.), or (b) give the learner an intangible reward (e.g., praise, handshake, smile, etc.).
- Teach the learner how to safeguard rather than waste learning materials (e.g., amount of glue, paper, tape, etc., to use; putting lids, caps, tops on such learning materials as markers, pens, bottles, jars, cans, etc.).
- Draft an agreement with the learner stipulating what behavior is required (e.g., having appropriate learning materials for specific learning activities ) and which reinforcement will be implemented when the agreement has been met.
- Get the learner to create and keep one list of things to do to organize and focus on what needs to be accomplished for a specific task, day, etc.
- Consider using an education app to help the student sharpen their organizational skills. Click here to view a list of apps that we recommend.
If you are a teacher, professor, or student, be sure to check our GPA calculators and articles.
College GPA Calculator: https://www.theedadvocate.org/gpa-calculator-for-college/
GPA Calculator: https://www.theedadvocate.org/gpa-calculator-for-high-school/
Cumulative Calculator: https://www.theedadvocate.org/cumulative-gpa-calculator/
Grade Calculator: https://www.theedadvocate.org/grade-calculator/
Weighted Grade Calculator: https://www.theedadvocate.org/weighted-grade-calculator/
Final Grade Calculator: https://www.theedadvocate.org/final-grade-calculator/
How to Calculate My Grades: https://www.theedadvocate.org/how-to-calculate-your-high-school-and-college-grades/
How to Calculate My GPA: https://www.theedadvocate.org/how-to-calculate-your-high-school-gpa-college-gpa-and-cumulative-gpa/